Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Hope Prevails.

Two big signs of the Apocalypse I noticed today. But first let me clarify here, I don't actually believe there is an apocalypse coming. I just thought it was a nifty title and somewhat accurate, if used as a metaphor. I do, however, believe in some pretty far out stuff, which some believe to be the apocalypse, but it isn't. However, that is a blog that I don't have the time to write at the moment. I am working on it though, don't worry, it is a big one and I want to do it right. Anyhow, the first sign I couldn't help but notice today, President Barack Obama. Not a big surprise. This is way too much to blog about right now as well, but I promise I shall try and get around to it. This is an amazing turn of events. I just feel the need to let it sink in, because for the first time in a long time I felt genuinely hopeful. Obama's acceptance speech really hit home with me and my beliefs. I have felt like our society was doomed for a long time, but he has genuinely instilled a sense of hope in me, although I am still skeptical as to what his true motives may be. Actions always speak much louder than words, especially in politics, so we will really have to wait and see. 
This blog is aimed more at shit that slips under the radar which I think should be big news. Which brings me to the next story that really caught my eye. Those scientists have gone and fooled around with nature one step further and revealed today that they have successfully cloned a mouse that had been dead for sixteen years. I actually haven't even read the article yet, so let me go do that...
*10 minutes later*
Okay, so yea, they did it. Some Japanese scientists took brain cells from a dead mouse that had been frozen for sixteen years and cloned that bitch. They also say there is no reason why it wouldn't be possible for, let's say, the wooly mammoth or sabre-tooth tiger to be cloned. Which brought me to another fascinating realization; science-fiction will soon no longer be fiction. We've got these folks on their way to Jurassic Park. Then there's these guys. They are deleting specific memories in mice, which must mean its likely to be possible for humans. That's just like the neuralizer from Men in Black. Okay, maybe not just like it, but the same effects nonetheless. I don't feel like searching for anymore links, but take my word for it. The army is developing laser guns and active camouflage, just like in Star Wars, Predator, and countless other sci-fi flicks. Jet packs are cooler than ever. We have the beginnings of real deal holograms, which most of America saw on television tonight if they were watching CNN for the election. This is all in relation to the exponential times we live in. A time of change. Change you can't even begin to imagine. I will try to explain it all in detail and in due time. 
This has been your daily sign of the apocalypse.

No comments: